VMware vSphere is a virtualization platform which is used for building cloud infrastructures. It enables users to run applications and helps in managing the virtual machines which were created using the VMware ESX & ESXi platforms. It is able to manage large pools of virtualized computing infrastructure, including software and hardware. Today in a webcast, VMware has released vSphere 5 which come with loads of new features and lot of changes in its architecture to enhance the virtual experience.
- vSphere ESXi™ convergence
- vSphere Auto Deploy
- New virtual-machine format (Version
- Support for Apple products
- vSphere Storage DRS
- Profile-Driven Storage
- vSphere File System & Storage I/O control
- New vSphere Storage API Program
- vSphere Network I/O Control & vSphere Distributed Switch
- Enhanced support for High Availability & vSphere vMotion
- ESXi Firewall
- Support for Larger virtual machines
- Access vSphere from anywhere using the new vSphere Web Client
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance for using vCenter server as a Linux based virtual appliance.
For furthermore information please refer VMware vSphere 5features document.