We have learned “How to create a blog with Tumblr Platform” and today I would like to discuss about the pros and cons of the Tumblr.com is the world’s most popular and leading microblogging platform which is maintained by Tumblr, Inc headquartered at New York.
Tumblr, which is actually a popular tumblogging platform and is a bit different from traditional blog, The term tumblogging is most commonly referred to as microblogging where users will be able to share content like text, images, audio and video files. Like all other platforms Tumblr has its own advantages and disadvantages and in here is the list of its pros and cons.
Pros of Tumblr Platform
- Well designed, good-looking and easily to start with interface.
- Excellent set of templates made by world-class web designers are available for free.
- You post whatever you like Photos, Videos, text, audio files, links and add them to your conversations.
- Excellent and cool social networking system which are similar to Twitter, with option to follow other blogs.
- Could integrate well with social networks and will be able to post Twitter feed without modifications.
- Easy mobility options, You can post through email, phone, and even by a SMS.
- Excellent Mobile apps available for Android, iOS platforms.
Cons of Tumblr Platform
- You could not contact fellow blog users like you do it in twitter.
- No option to import address book.
- RSS import option which use to be there earlier is removed.
- Limitations of kind of posts, you can upload only one audio file per day.