Apple has announced yesterday at its iPhone 4S launch event that the latest version of its iOS, iOS 5 and iCloud will be available from October 12. Apple is releasing iOS 5 nearly 2 months after it has released iOS 5 Beta 5.
Apple claims to have introduced more than 200 new features in iOS 5.
So, what are the five important new features in iOS 5?
* Notification Center: This places all your notifications in one place, be it your emails or text messages or weather.
* iMessage: iMessage lets you message other iOS 5 devices for free. All you need is Wi-Fi or 3G to send message.
* Twitter: Twitter is deeply integrated into iOS 5. Twitter in iOS 5 lets you tweet directly from Safari, Photos, Camera, YouTube and Maps.
* PC Free: With iOS 5 you don’t need to depend on iTunes for updates. You can get iOS updates Over The Air (OTA).
* Camera: iOS 5 lets you access the camera app right from the lock screen. You can use the volume up button to capture images.
Along with iOS 5, Apple is also releasing a new service on October 12 called iCloud. With iCloud all your content like music, photos, apps and documents are stored automatically in the cloud and you could access your content on any iOS 5 device. iCloud even automatically updates your calendar, email and contacts.
iCloud promises 5 GB of free space in the cloud. The pricing options for additional storage can be found here.