Samsung GT-P1010 Tab is one of the cheapest tablets from the house of Samsung (note that it doesn’t support 3G and is Wi-Fi only model) and offers some cool features like 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor, 16 GB storage, 592 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM, Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo) (officially upgradable to v2.3), a cool 3.15 MP rear & 1.3 MP front camera is one of the best in class and hot selling tablets for those who are looking for budget tablets.
We personally know lot of people who are facing problems in upgrading the Android version of their Samsung GT-P1010 Tab to the GingerBread version of the operating system and this tutorial is intended for those who are facing issues for upgrading.
Note: This post is shared just for informational purposes and users are advised to note that upgrading to the OS may void your warranty and at times your device may be bricked and may be useful for further usage. So guys please be advised to continue with this step by step tutorial (with screenshots) at your own risk, InfoGenra hold no responsibility with further issues.
How To Upgrade Samsung GT-P1010 Tab To Run GingerBread?
- Bring down your device (Samsung GT-P1010 Tab) into download mode, it could be brought by holding the ‘POWER’ and ‘Volume-DOWN’ keys.
- Go ahead and use ODIN Tool for downgrade/upgrade to the latest Froyo firmware before actually installing the Gingerbread update.
- Connect the device and open ODIN Tool and make sure you check the boxes beside Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time under ‘option’ and also note that the ‘ID:COM’ box is highlighted in yellow color before you proceed further, after you ensure that everything is fine just click on ‘Start’ to initiate the download. Once the setup download the ‘PDA’ & ‘CSC’ files you will see “Pass” on the screen (right above the ID:COM field).
- Now you will be able to boot into the Froyo operating system, now connect the tab and open ODIN (again) to proceed further with the Gingerbread installation, download this file P1010XEUKPG and just check the ‘Auto-Reboot’ and ‘PDA’ like the one in the below screenshot and click on “Start’ to go further.
- After the reboot, the Samsung GT-P1010 Tab will now run Gingerbread (2.3.6).
Do let us know if face any problem while upgrading your Samsung tablet, we will be glad to help you out with the issues.